I hate that the iPhone doesn’t come default with an option to display locale holiday calendars.
You’re able to purchase and download an app that contains the Holidays of your choice, OR you simply subscribe to a calendar that has the Holidays pertaining to your locale.
I opted for the latter. And here’s how you can too.
How-To Subscribe to US Holiday Calendar ICS:
- Tap the “Settings” icon
- Tap “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”
- Scroll down and tap “Add Account”
- Tap “Other” at the very bottom
- Tap “Add Subscribed Calendar” at the very bottom
- In the server field, input: ical.mac.com/ical/US32Holidays.ics – or the URL to the *.ics file of the Calendar you wish to subscribe to and then tap “Next”
- (Optional) You can then change the name of the calendar under “Description” – then tap Save
Yep. It’s that easy.
You can find thousands of calendars to subscribe to online using Google and searching for an ICS.
A Couple of iCal Resources