The default privacy setting for Instagram profiles and photos is turned OFF. Today, I’ll show you how to change your Instagram privacy.
Much like its predecessor and now owner Facebook, Instagram will be rolling out quite a few changes over the next few months that will allow more Instagram profiles and photos to show up in Google Search results based on the hashtags that users have set on their photos.
But if your Instagram is just a way to share cherished memories with family members and friends, and you aren’t particularly concerned with learning how to tag your Instagram photos with specific keywords for search engines, then you might want to change your Instagram privacy setting to private, if you have not done so already.
Here’s how to change your Instagram Privacy:
- Login to your Instagram account from your mobile device.
- Click the “Profile” icon located at the bottom far right hand corner of your Instagram app.
- Click on the round wheel “Settings” icon located at the top far right hand corner of your Instagram app.
- In the “Account” section, look for “Photos Are Private” and toggle this to “ON” or “OFF” based on your preference.
- Make sure you select the appropriate response “Yes, I’m sure!” on the “Are You Sure” popup screen.
- That’s it!