Use Jetpack 2.0 Plugin for WordPress for automatic sharing to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Tumblr.
Jetpack 2.0 for WordPress was updated and jam packed with new features for WordPress users.
The plugin now includes Auto-Publishing to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Tumblr. When you publish your blog post, you can automatically submit a title and link to your post, directly to your followers – in your social networks.
Prior to the Jetpack 2.0 update, you had to install additional plugins to
How to activate Auto-Publishing in Jetpack 2.0
- Install or update the Jetpack 2.0plugin
- Note: If you’re using WordPress.com, Jetpack is already enabled for you!
- Go to the main Jetpack page in your admin panel.
- Click “Activate” on the “Publicize” module.
- Note: This may already be active.
- Go to Settings > Sharing in your admin navigation.
- “Publicize” should appear at the top of your “Sharing” page.
- Select the social networks you would like to auto-publish to.
Alternatives to Jetpack 2.0 Auto-Publishing
Part of the reason Jetpack 2.0 is so great is because it allows you to connect to and auto publish to your networks without having to create developer keys, or apps to connect to APIs. But if you prefer to jump through the extra hoops, or if you’d rather not install Jetpack 2.0, here are a few alternatives for adding auto-publishing of your self-hosted WordPress blog to Facebook and Twitter.