In short, TweetGenius v1.1.2 for Blackberry looks great!!
Truth be told, I had to stop midway through this post to figure out what the heck was going on with the “unable to send tweet” messages. I didn’t want to give this application the short end of the stick, so I did a few battery pulls to make sure that it wasn’t my Storm 2 that was malfunctioning. But I think it’s just that because it’s graphic heavy…it pulls tweets and posts tweets slower than ubertwitter beta 6, SocialScope, Twitterberry (now OpenBeak), and Seesmic for Blackberry.
At one point, when I was trying to include location (GEO) in an update, it was able to pull the google map, but was not able to convert it to bit.ly, and gave me a bit.ly error, and simply posted the google map location. HOWEVER…the location is pretty exact. And when I mean…exact…I DO mean…EXACT. So…if you’ve got stalkers…or your twitter feed is not “blocked” or “private”…please don’t turn send out your location, unless you really want to. ubertwitter beta 6 uses approximations…which is a great safety feature if you’d like people to know that you’re in the area, but never really know where you are. lol.
TweetGenius v1.1.2 Highlights & Features
- Great looking interface. G-REAT!
- Automatically fetch new tweets in the background
- Displays counts for new tweets, @replys, and DMs on Home page
- Aligns your tweets to the right.
- Save tweets as favorites
- Delete tweets
- Send your GPS location – THIS IS EXACT. BE. CAREFUL. PLEASE. THX.!!!
- Shorten URLs
- View trends
- Search in real time
- Mark messages as read when you’re done reading them
- View user profiles and timelines
- View users by both username and real name
TweetGenius v1.1.2 Cons & Shortcomings
- It’s slow….loading, posting…
- Quite a few errors when trying to post if you have SMS, MMS, BBM, or Facebook coming through while trying to post
- Unable to Reply All (UberTwitter, SocialScope, Seesmic)
- Unable to select picture from “camera” icon (SocialScope)